The DAS Registry is part of the DAS specification.
The registry is a special component of DAS, fulfilling the following roles:
- Catalogues and describes the capabilities and coordinate systems of DAS servers.
- Allows discovery of available DAS services via both human and programmatic interfaces.
- Automatically validates registered DAS sources to ensure that they correctly implement the protocol.
- Periodically tests DAS sources and notifies their administrators if they are unavailable.
- Provides a mechanism for activating or highlighting individual DAS services in clients.